Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What I'm Listening To

Here are 5 of the best songs from my "Currently Obsessed" playlist:

1. Natalia Kills- "Trouble":  I have been listening to this song on repeat since I first heard it.  The song reminds me of a poppier, bigger Lana del Rey.  It's equal parts angsty and catchy, and I cannot get enough.



2. Dan Sultan- "The Same Man":  I love his big, soulful vocals.  The music is hard to classify, but I think it had a little something for everyone.


3. Bleachers- "I Wanna Get Better": Bleachers is a side project from Jack Antonoff of fun.  His voice reminds me of Fred Macpherson from Spector, and the music is reminiscent of both fun. and Spector.



4. We Were Evergreen- "Modern Age":  I fell for this band last year, when I first heard "Leeway".  They make delightfully bouncy indie pop with sweet harmonies.  I am eagerly anticipating their first full album, which comes out May 5th.



5. Vadoinmessico- "Perfect Strangers":  I found this band through NPR's All Songs Considered podcast.  Just as upbeat as We Were Evergreen, but the music is a bit more electronic and trippy.  Listening to this gives me an urge to put on a neon bikini and go to the beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment